Startup Night 2018
The Startup Night has been organised by Budapest Enterprise Agency (BEA) annually since 2015 and is the greatest startup event taking place in Budapest with the support of the City Council.
Our goal is to provide a platform where players of the Budapest startup ecosystem can meet: districts, universities, innovation centres, incubators, major companies in Budapest and their related programmes, experts in the international relations of Budapest and all who are interested in business innovation.
Budapest Enterprise Agency is the only EU qualified Business Innovation Centre (EUBIC) in Hungary.
As a recognition of BEA’s achievements since 2013, Budapest won the European Commission’s Startup Europe Award in 2018 in the category of Best Public Administration for Startups.
Patrons of the event:
Istvan Tarlós Mayor of the City of Budapest and Mihály Varga Minister of Finance and Deputy Prime Minister
Date: 27 November 2018, 18.00 – 22.00
Venue: Bálna Budapest Centre, 1093 Budapest, Fővám sq 11-13, 2nd floor
18.00 – 18.45 Opening speeches
- Mihály Varga,Minister of Finance and Deputy Prime Minister
- Gábor Bagdy,Deputy Mayor of Budapest
- László György, State Secretary for Economic Planning and Regulation of the Ministry for Innovation and Technology
- Zoltán Birkner, President of the National Research, Development and Innovation Office
- Piroska Szalai,Chair of the Board of Budapest Enterprise Agency
Award Ceremony of the 8th BE SMART startup competition
18.45 – 19.15 From idea to enterprise
Best practises of Budapest: How the institutions of higher education and the biggest enterprises of the economy of the capital contribute to the success of startups and innovative SMEs? (panel discussion)
- Balázs Heidrich, Rector of the Budapest Business School
- Károly Szász, Chancellor of Semmelweis University
- Péter Rehus, Country Leader at IBM Hungary
- Kornélia Lazányi, Dean of Keleti Faculty of Business and Management of the Óbuda University
- György Dede, Manager of Start it@K&H Startup Incubator
The discussion is moderated by Csaba Szajlai, Deputy Editor-in-chief of Figyelő Magazine.
19.15 – 19.45 How to enter foreign markets?
The role and the possibilities of the international relationships of Budapest in the development of the innovative enterprises and related startup success stories.
- Jules Banning, Head of Events and Education at STARTPLATZ organizing Rheinland Pitch
- Bertalan Bari, member of the Board of the IHBA – Irish-Hungarian Business Association
- Robert Sanders, Head of International Projects at EBN
- László Györgypál, Pozi Technologies
- Tibor Dobai, Route4U
The discussion is moderated by Titanilla Tari, presenter of MTVA.
19.45 – 20.15 This is the place for us!
Introducing our top exhibiting partners
- Klára Breuer, Ambassador at the Embassy of Hungary in Lisbon (video message)
- María Benjumea, Founder and CEO of Spain Startup organising South Summit, Madrid (video message)
- Gene Gerrienne, Business Development Manager (DACH) at Early Metrics
- Zoltán Zékány, Director of H13 Student and Enterprise Development Centre
- Mariann Klein, Director of Rákosmente Enterprise Development Agency
- Gábor Kerékgyártó, Business Development Councilor, Municipal Representative, Újbuda Spin-Off Club
The presentations are moderated by Éva Naszály, the head of international relations of the BEA.
20.15 – 22:00 B2B Networking
18:00 – 22:00 Exhibition
Startups, incubators and startup programmes in Budapest and Hungary
The organizers reserve the right to make changes to the event program!
Note: The project is implemented with the support of the European Regional Development Fund. The information included in this publication does not necessarily reflect the official position of the EU.
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No.727812.