Startup Night 2019
The Startup Night has been organised by Budapest Enterprise Agency (BEA) annually since 2015 and is the greatest startup event taking place in Budapest with the support of the City Council.
Our goal is to provide a platform where players of the Budapest startup ecosystem can meet: districts, universities, innovation centres, incubators, major companies in Budapest and their related programmes, experts in the international relations of Budapest and all who are interested in business innovation.
Budapest Enterprise Agency is the only EU qualified Business Innovation Centre (EUBIC) in Hungary.
As a recognition of BEA’s achievements since 2013, Budapest won the European Commission’s Startup Europe Award in 2018 in the category of Best Public Administration for Startups.
Time: 28 November 2019, 6.00 pm – 0.00 am
Venue: Balna Budapest (1093 Budapest, Fovam ter 11-12.)
PLANNED AGENDA – Updated regularly
Event presenter: Bence Takács
6.00 pm – 7.30 pm – Panel discussions
- Budapest – Home of Innovation (Semmelweis University; Dr. habil. Kornélia Lazányi – Dean of University of Óbuda; Budapest Economic University, Pázmány Péter Catholic University; Judit Galambos – Director of the HEPA Export Academy; Péter Fáykiss – Director of the Digitization Directorate of the Hungarian Central Bank; moderated by Csaba Szajlai, Deputy Editor-in-Chief of Figyelő)
- Start Up Europe (Csaba Borboly – Member of the European Commitee of Regions, Rapporteur on STE(A)M education in Europe; David Uhlir – President of EBN-European Business and Innovation Centres Network; Katalin Horváthné Négyessy – Economic attaché of the Embassy of Hungary in Lisbon; Bertalan Bari – Member of the Board of IHBA – Irish-Hungarian Business Association; moderated by Titanilla Tari, presenter of MTVA)
- From Budapest to the world (John Parkerson – Honorary Consul of Hungary in Atlanta; Lorenz Gräf – Founder of Startplatz Düsseldorf, Irina Kordon – Senior project manager at the Office of Economic Development, City of Düsseldorf; Matty Ryan – President of the IHBC – Irish-Hungarian Business Circle; moderated by Mihály Pintér, strategic consultant of Tőkeportál)
7.30 pm – 8.15 pm – Keynote speeches
- Piroska Szalai, Chair of the Board of Budapest Enterprise Agency
- Dr. Zoltán Birkner, President of the National Research, Development and Innovation Office
- H.E. Mr. Ronan Gargan, Ambassador-Designate of the Embassy of Ireland in Budapest
- Dr. László György, State Secretary for Economic Strategy and Regulation at the Ministry of Innovation and Technology
- Dr. Enikő Győri, Member of the European Parliament
8.15 pm – 9.00 pm – Award Ceremony of the 10th BE SMART startup competition and the Startup Europe Awards Hungary
9.00 pm – midnight – B2B Networking
During the whole event you can visit the exhibiton of startups, incubators and startup programmes in Budapest and Hungary, as well as our international partners.
SIDE EVENT – STARTUP AFTERNOON
Time: 28 November 2019, 1.30 pm – 3.30 pm
Venue: Bolcs Var (1014 Budapest, Uri utca 21.)
During the afternoon four side events will be held in the following topics:
- Application development
The organizers reserve the right to make changes to the event program!
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No.727812.